Friday, November 16, 2007

Sex Sells... Movie

After reading this weeks chapter, one fact still stands out at me. The book did a study on genres of movies and the amount of sex scenes in them. In the end discussion is found that there are at least one sex scene per minuet in most movie trailers. That's so many! That statistic really stood out to me. I really enjoy watching cheesy girl dramas that have predictable endings! It's silly, but they restore faith in true love. Those movies are filled with sexual ties, but I feel that they are more likely to portray the male character as a sexual and good looking being then the women. Due to the fact that ladies are more likely to watch the films then men, that makes sense. Since it works to use sex to sell movies, the industry might as well make the most of it. I love movies, and I really love the idea of going to the movies and watching films on the big screen- despite how much sexual relations and clues they are filled with.

No comments: