Friday, October 19, 2007

Sex is Everywhere

Since our class Friday with the lecture on sexual advertising, everywhere I turn I see it more and more. I went home and showed my roommate the AXE commercial on line, and she just got a kick out of it. I had never sat down and actually thought of how empowered the idea of sex is.

I've always known that it is part of Maslows Hierarchy of needs and that 'sex sells' but more then that- sex is everywhere. In the past week I have seen advertisement after advertisement that shows sexual parts or ideas and most of them have NOTHING to do with sex. I saw a provocative shave gel commercial 0n TV last night. It was ridicules.

I do however find it very interesting that sex is all over the place. I bought a new perfume at Sephora this week and one bottle I saw was in the shape of a women. I couldn't imagine why a straight women would want to pick up a glass female body each day and spray herself with it!

No comments: