Sunday, December 2, 2007

Final Project Research

I spent a lot of the weekend flipping through my magazines and compiling the research I need for my study. I am doing my study on the sexual undertones and portrayals (as well as nudity) that is found in teen magazines. I was also looking at some demographics information off the MPA website. I found out there there are several young people (ages 9-12) that read the teen magazines that I am getting my research from. I work at a drop off daycare, and I cant even begin to imagine children that young seeing the sexy images in these publications. Some of the adverting images that I found are way to provocative.

While reading through the magazine I also realized that there are TONS of advertisements for very high end products. There's no way that some of the readers can afford things like coach purses and Vera Wang perfume. I almost considered changing my topic to study how many ads like that are present in the magazines.

No comments: